Skip to main content Skip to the main navigation
Indiana University
  • People
  •  
  •  

Office of the First Lady

Women's Philanthropy Council

Women's Philanthropy Council

The Women's Philanthropy Council is an outgrowth of 15 years of research and engagement that included the IU Foundation’s Bloomington Colloquium for Women, founded in 1995 by former First Lady Peg Zeglin Brand and several women members of the IU Foundation Board.

In addition to other major philanthropic and volunteer commitments at IU, Women's Philanthropy Council members pledge $15,000 per 3-year term to support areas of their choice at the university. A portion of gifts may be directed to the WPC Fund by council members to support special projects on IU’s eight campuses. In 2012 the Indiana University Women’s Philanthropy Council (WPC) awarded grants totaling more than $100,000 to eight organizations affiliated with five of the university’s campuses.

For more information, contact Michele Boillotat, director of women's philanthropy at IU at 812-855-1422, mboillot@iu.edu, or visit the Women's Philanthropy Council Website